I had the craving for some Taiwanese crab stir-fry so I made it!
Here are the ingredients I used:
- 6 Garlics
- 3 big slices of Ginger
- 4 Green onions
- 8 Blue crab – cleaned with the crab roe separated into another bowl
- 2 eggs
- Soy sauce
- Rice wine
If you’ve never cleaned the crab here is a little picture I drew to help explain from a top down see through view of the blue crabs anatomy.
NOTE: purple = removal.
- You open the crab by opening the stomach which the triangle in the middle of the crab and you lift and break that off
- Pry open the shell and the body by lifting the pointy corner and holding onto the legs
- From inside the shell, remove a clear sack from where the mouth would be and remove the crab roe (coloured in orange and red) inside the corner of the shell and set that in a bowl
- From the body, remove the gills and cut the body in half
- Lastly, crub clean the shell part of the crab
- On med-high heat, start with garlic,and ginger then add in the crabs
- Add in about 1 tbsp of soy sauce and a capfull of rice wine
- Stir-fry until the crab is red then add in the green onion (you can also add basil to enhance the taste)
- Mix the crab roe with 2 eggs and drizzle that all over the cooked crabs
- Stir-fry until the eggs is cooked to your liking
I ate the crab stir-fry by mixing the crab roe and eggs with white rice. I also had some kimchi on the side to breakup the seafood taste. I made this based on how I remembered my grandma making it and it turned out great.
Hopefully, you can enjoy some authentic Taiwanese recipe right in the comfort of your own home!
Until my next food craving~ I’ll post more original recipes by me!