I’m currently 2 days away from my Taiwan vacation and I am beyond excited to go home. For anyone who grew up in another country knows that when you’re going home you need to bring some local gifts for your relatives and friends.
So here’s my list of gifts I am bringing back:
- Genuine Maple Syrup: I know~ Not that original but my relatives really enjoy receiving the genuine maple syrup that comes in a glass bottle.
- Genuine Canadian Chocolate: I came across Purdy Chocolatier and thought it was the perfect store for exactly what I was looking for. I was looking for something that had a nice box, high quality chocolate, and Canadian made. I bought 3 boxes of no sugar added chocolate and also 3 boxes of regular chocolates.
- Genuine Canadian Ice Wine: Go visit your local LCBO for some awesome selections of Ice Wine and I would highly suggest choosing a bottle that has a nice box/container so it’s easier to pack/travel with.
- Lululemon: Taiwan does not have any lululemon stores and it’s also a great high quality gift for someone close to you. My mom loves to work out and do yoga so this is the perfect store to purchase anything for her.
- Oh Henry! I don’t ever recall seeing Oh Henry in Taiwan so it makes it a great gift for my younger cousins and family relatives.
Overall, you need to understand what your home country have or don’t have, because that missing gap can ultimately make the most perfect gift for your loved ones. It goes back to the old saying, “you always want what you can’t have”.
Hopefully my list helped some fellow Canadians!
Until next time.